Journey of Faith
I remembered receiving the news somewhere during the Raya Week. Many would have known by now of my mum's being diagnosed with tumor on her brain..and I thank each of you who supported us by prayers, sms'es, cards and so forth.
Its been 3 weeks..and praise Him for the recovery process that is taking place even right now. The surgery taken place last Tuesday was successful. My mum is recuperating in the ward, and let's hope she will made it well on the road to recovery.
Of late, it is been hectic and trying period for me. Physically , I was drained as I had made few trips to and fro from Penang to KL . Even right now as I am writing this, I just got back from KL at about 3.30am .
It is been challenge emotionally and spiritually too,I have shared with a few people that I realized it is so so much harder to pray and have faith in Him when you have adversities right at your own doorsteps.Right in your personal life and family. It is never the same as "offering to pray" for someone else. I am learning to trust Him in this new phase.
Here,I would take this chance to convey my up most "Thank you" for those who supported us.
-To my church back in Melaka, I believe the prayer chain round the clock moves the miracles. Thank you each and every member who prayed.
-To the church in Pg, especially my CG, thanks for the support and prayers. I appreciate the genuine concern and love that is shown, thank you for sharing the burden when one member is in need.
-To my colleagues in Dell, thanks for your concern and understanding. For those who sacrificed their time covering my portion of work when I am on leave, I am sincerely grateful for your efforts. I am blessed to be able to see such team spirit.
- To my housemates, Sam for fetching me several times to and fro from the bus station. Jeffrey for updating my work status and also fetching me to the station. Thanks buddies!
- To my relatives,thanks for visiting and helping out. We would be lost and not sure what to do sometimes without you all.
Insights
If there is one thing I would to learn from this phase is that to appreciate life. "Appreciate life" seems like a simple statement, but it brings a lot of weight to me now.
Appreciate my own health, I think I will eat more consciously this time. I should exercise more too.
"Appreciate life" also means to make priorities to the one closest in my life, which is my family. I am determined not to take them for granted.
"Appreciate life" that is given by God. I find myself asking, if I were to know I will be leaving Earth soon, will I be fearful,or will I be ready to meet Him? And I think this response very much depends on what I have done on earth!
During my visits to my mum in the hospital..I have managed to look around, and open up my eyes to see things that I have not seen..
Firstly, I upheld my highest respect to all doctors,nurses,medical attendant who had dedicate their time serving the sick. It is not easy for me even to see the depressed look on each patients during these few days. I salute all those working in this line, and I personally am grateful for their calling.
My mum is in the neurology ward, basically housed for those patient with brain related conditions.There had been so much despair and hopelessness in the atmosphere, and I believe this is because most of them are informed their conditions are terminal
I have seen a senior lady just lying awake on her bed, tossing around during the wee hour of the morning. What would she be thinking, what will I be thinking if I am in her position? I can't dare to imagine...
Yet,another is just 4 years old child with meningitis, having fluid on her brain. She was oblivious of her coming operation, and was playing with some toy cars while lying on the hospital bed. My heart really goes out for her, and I sincerely hope she will get well and normal after the surgery, there is so much lying ahead of her future.
And twice during my overnight stays, I was waken up by patients wailing in pain. Another patient as of today, was crying and begging so loud when it is time for her to undergo a certain daily treatment. I can't imagine how painful the ordeal she had to go through.
And death is so common, one day you will see a patient lying at a bed, and overnight a nurse will explain that the bed is now empty as the patient just passed away. Also during my mum's stay in ICU, a next door patient passed away.
There is much suffering on the other side that I am so oblivious of before. Many a times, we whined and complained for the most trivial things : Less money, no good job environment, unfair country, bleak economic state, the list goes on.With the narratives of what I had seen in the hospital,my perspective had changed for now. At least for me, I will learn to appreciate life more.
All that said, I thank God again for overseeing my mum's op. I believe He is our Healer!!
As for now, do continue pray for my mum's speedy recovery. She will be discharged from KL to Melaka this Tuesday tentatively.
Will keep up with updated post if there is any.
God bless
Tze Seong
1 comment:
hey ko...jus wan to say u write up such a good post...
beside tat, wud like to thank u aso for making such a effort during those times...ur effort sumhow is an answer frm god on wat i have been praying for so long...
thanks aso for carrying this burden together wif me..thanks for being such a wonderful brother too..really thank god for u...seriously...aso, thanks for d financial support too..God have blessed me wif such a good bro..
okla, one day wen i go penang wif mum, u bring us jln2 k..till then take care...
love,
abi
Post a Comment